prom night!

Saturday 2 July 2011

The apparent 'biggest day of a girl's life except her wedding day'; Prom, was last Thursday, and although I don't buy into the great importance of Prom, it was an exceptionally good night! I've never been one to gush and dream about Prom, so while all my friends had been envisaging their outfits since Year 7, I only really got excited a few weeks prior to the event. Although my expectations weren't that high considering it was organised by school, I was pleasantly surprised as the venue was absolutely bloody beautiful, and after a minor mishap with a very late limo driver, the night was amazing!



UD Naked Palette; ELF Mineral Eyeshadow in Elegant & Confidant; Maybelline Gel Liner; Girls Aloud Kimberly Lashes; MAC Face & Body; Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels; MAC Hue

I absolutely fell in love with my dress and it was actually the first dress I tried on in a tiny boutique in London (can't remember it's name!) so I figured it was meant to be mine! I also used my Babyliss Curling Wand to create these curls and brushed them out a little before I left, pining up some of the hair at the back with the help of my trusty Got2B Powder'ful!

Of course I had an uber spray tan a couple days before to banish my pale skin, and although I felt a little blotchy and orange on the day I have completely fallen in love with being tan, and am now on the search for an amazing self tanner!


The night was filled with food, a million pictures, gushing over how beautiful everyone was and way too much dancing; lots of fist pumping, a la Jersey Shore!

With prom being over also brings with it the official end to Year 11, which makes me so sad! Some of the people in my year wont be returning to 6th form so a lot of people I might never see again! Its a scary feeling when you realise time is going past way too fast and we only have 2 years left of being at my school until I have to leave and fend for myself in the big wide world...

But anyway, Prom is over and it is officially Summer!

39 comments :

  1. You look amazing, the colour of the dress is stunning :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I absolutely love your dress - it really suits you. You look beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful time x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colour of your dress really suits you! looks like you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at all your prom photos on facebook the other day (stalker altert I know!) and you looked absoultely gorgeous Hannah! I also really like the dress your freind on the left of you in the 6th photo down wore (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dress is amazing! x

    paperdreamsxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You're too gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the back of your dress, its amazing! You look so lovely! Hope you had a fab time! And YAY for summer! Woo! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress! You look great :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, you look so pretty!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous dress i bet you felt like a princess and love your hair you looked beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hannah - you look amazing, and lovely to read your post - my sixteen year old had her prom last week, and loved it too - had her nails/hair etc done :) She had a green taffeta dress, and I had the honour to drive her and five of her friends down to prom :) I feel old lol! I'm sure she shares a lot of your sentiments, as some of her friends are also not going to sixth form, and will be missed! (I WAS a fairly young mum, thank goodness!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and all of your friends look gorgeous, I'm glad you had a fun time at prom! My prom was in May and I had a blast too, so much dancing and gushing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous in these photos! I've seen pictures of your years prom and it looked so much better than my years, typical eh?! The venue is incredibly beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. You looked absolutley stunning and I adore your dress.

    My prom was last year and I got my dress from a little boutique in London and loved it! It was so different from everyone else's.

    Hope you had a brilliant night, and enjoy your long summer. I'm jealous XD

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look SO gorgeous! Your dress looks fab, i adore that color on you. I see you went with Face & Body, glad it went really well with the spray tan! Sounds like you had a really fun night. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning, and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hannah you look lovely! What a beautiful dress, the back is amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so beautiful, the dress is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look stunning xxx

    http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, your dress is STUNNING! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look SOOO beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look stunning! That dress is absolutely gorgeous, sounds like you had fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. you looked gorgeous! i love your dress!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my hannah, you actually look beautiful! the dress if such a lovely colour, love the back especially! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. loveee the beautiful faces im pulling aha ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look stunning! Your hair, dress and makeup just look perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look absolutely amazing, the dress is gorgeous and your hair looks perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful xxx

    http://stumbleduponablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That dress is b-e-a-utiful! you look stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. you look beautiful & your dress is in my "prettiest i've ever seen" category haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just wow you look absoulutley stunning! your hair, dress make-up just perfect :) looks like you had an amazing night! Good luck for the future! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. you look so lovely! perfect hair and beautiful dress.. i wish i had looked this lovely at my prom..!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thankyou all soo much for all your lovely comments, i was really overwhelmed by how sweet they all are! <3

    @Holly- The girl in the picture is my best friend, Jess, her dress was stunning! And don't worry your not stalker, i may have had a little look at your prom pictures as well haha!;)

    @too_busy_to_stitch- Ohh sounds like she had an amazing time! I bet she looked beautiful!

    @Nicki ♥- There is a lot of gushing involved in prom haha;)

    @Jenny- Haha, i bet yours was amazing too, i did love my years though!

    @Emily- Thanks sweetie! I think its the best idea to get dresses from small boutiques, then theres no chance anyone will have the same dress haha!

    @Laura xo- I adore Face&Body now, its such a lovely foundation! Thankyouuuu sweetie!

    @Jen- Aww thats so sweet thankyou very much!:)

    @Nicola-x- Thanks so much hun! I did have a fantastic night and i wish i could have prom all over again!


    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Our limo driver was late too :(

    ReplyDelete
  35. You all looked stunning for your prom, Hannah! I’m glad that you enjoyed it, for it’s definitely one of the biggest nights of your life. In spite of the lateness of your driver, I hope you were still able to enjoy the ride and had fun with your friends as you went to the venue. =)

    ReplyDelete