Mascara-rama

Tuesday 7 August 2012


L'oreal Telescopic Waterproof is by far the best mascara I have ever used. Fact.

I was first introduced to the wonder-product through Vivianna's blog, who full on raves about it in pretty much every tutorial or makeup post she has ever done! My only hesitation in buying this was that as it is a waterproof mascara, it was going to inevitably be a bitch to remove at night, and blimey was I right. This stuff does not budge, transfer or flake whatsoever throughout the day on me, but in the evening it puts up a tremendous fight when I'm trying to scrub it off my lashes. After fighting a long and difficult battle using many different eye makeup removers I have finally found one up to the challenge with Clinique Take The Day Off Eye-Makeup Remover which seems to do the trick when removing the stubborn build up on my lashes.

All waterproof problems aside, this is literally the only mascara I have ever found to hold curl perfectly through a 12 hour long day! I have the straightest, most lack luster lashes that you might be able to find, and usually, even after the longest curling session with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, as soon as I apply a coat of non-waterproof mascara they lay completely flat and just look a little sad and meh. Until I found this. Telescopic leaves them perfectly in the position I created with my eye lash curlers throughout the whole day, and my lashes look exactly the same at 8pm in the evening as when I applied it fresh in the morning at 8am. Truly amazing stuff. Dare I say a holy grail product for me!?

I am a complete and utter waterproof mascara convert it seems, and I think I may have to trial a few more to see if any can actually contest this one. Doubtful maybe? Anyway I would love to hear your waterproof favourites if you have any!

As always, have a fantastic week!

PS- I did a guest post on Sabrina's blog at A Little Obsessed here, if you want to have a read! It features a lot of pictures of me in denim doing my best awkward poses, enjoy!

30 comments :

  1. Looks lovely on your eyes :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mascara too! Definitely one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try this out as i've been looking for a good waterproof mascara for a while :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I've seen alot about this on various blogs & never purchased it. Might just have to cave in now!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should try this soon, it looks amazing! and I am also recently a waterproof mascara convert my go to choice being the maybelline falsies waterproof version:)

    rufflesandlace44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh i need to try that one! i am a complete convert, they just hold curl soooo much better!

      Delete
  6. Wow it looks amazing. Might have to give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really good.*_*
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower :)
    Love your blog, and hope you will check mine out as well !
    You are super gorgeous

    www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your eye lashes look amazing! I am always looking for a mascara to hold curl so will have to check this out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waterproof are soo much better at holding curl than normal ones!

      Delete
  10. This looks really nice on, I don't know what I'd do without mascara!
    xx
    Madison's Assortment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mascara is the best makeup product ever invented haha!

      Delete
  11. woah that looks amazing! need to try this! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This mascara is da bomb! So good!

    Check out my international giveaway, St.Tropez and OPI goodies check it out here

    Kirsty-Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i started using this recently and oh my it is just jfiugbvisabvkjvbksv if i could bow down to a mascara i would! haha, screw the act it DOESNT come off lmap x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa completely agree! i just wish there was a miracle remover to take it off in like one swipe!

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post! i need to try this mascara some time

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete