Class of 2012: Haircare

Friday 11 January 2013


After many hair ups and downs this year I have finally sworn of the high street shampoos entirely after one too many disasters resulting in greasy and sad hair, and I have branched out into the higher end products. While I have discovered a seriously holy grail worthy shampoo for once a week, a second shampoo for mid-week use is still under investigation, with Philip Kingsley and Ojon under the microscope at the moment! But for the time being, here are the products which have stayed with me throughout the last year...

Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo - This, being the aforementioned 'holy grail' shampoo, is my weekly saviour and rinses every last speck of grease or dirt from my extremely dry, easy to weigh down hair. It makes my hair fluffy and light without feeling dry or brittle and I can't see this ever disappearing from my haircare routine.

Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Rinse - This is a lovely conditioner that smells divine and does leave my hair looking good, but it hasn't wowed me and I doubt this will be on my repurchase list. I am on the lookout for something amazing and would really welcome conditioner recommendations for extremely fine hair please!

V05 Give Me Moisture Hot Oil - As my go to hair treatment, this is cheap as chips and leaves hair smooth and soft!

VO5 Refresh Me Quick Dry Shampoo - After dabbling heavily in Batiste and Tresemme with hideous, grey haired results, I have finally found a high street dry shampoo which I love! This one is a lot less prone to the 'granny' look than the previous ones and smells a whole lot nicer, without making my hair feel like a birds nest!

Tangle Teezer - After many months of deliberation I finally bit the bullet and purchased this, and it was one of the best hair decisions I have ever made! This is the only way to de-tangle my hair after washing, which is usually matted and messy; a symptom of having too long hair! What used to take about 15 minutes to brush out now takes me about 2, meaning less time brushing hair and more time for makeup!

4 comments :

  1. I love my BB Sunday shampoo, it leaves my hair so clean. I recently tried the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and it made my hair feel incredibly soft, it's pricy but so worth it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BB Sunday shampoo is really a 'can't live without' type of product! I wish i could use it more than once a week! xx

      Delete
  2. This is very helful becaue I am looking for a good shampoo. Great post!

    ReplyDelete