Class of 2012: Skincare

Thursday 3 January 2013


For me, 2012 has been the year that finally, finally, my skin has co-operated. After a few overwhelming  skincare discoveries this year, I have finally ditched face wipes altogether and my skincare-addict tendencies are developing with my endless pursuit for perfect skin! A few products have really stuck out for me this year such as...

Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle Solution - This little beauty is the easiest and most effective way I have found of removing makeup fast and for once it doesn't dry out my skin. However, on eye makeup I find this a little lacking and prefer...

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover - This stuff is literally my saviour after switching to waterproof mascara a few months ago. My beloved L'oreal Telescopic (post here) is beautiful but an absolute bugger to remove and I find that two cotton pads soaked in this heavy duty remover and a few minutes of soaking make removing waterproof mascara a fuss free procedure.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - I honestly cannot even consider using a different cleanser, this is such a staple in my routine. I find that this massaged all over the face and lashes and scrubbed off with a muslin cloth removes every last bit of makeup and never, ever irritates my skin.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron - After discovering this only a few months ago I have since realised what an absolute must a good serum is. And this is as good as any; very moisturising and it feels as through it is actually doing something productive with my moisturiser.

Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream - The most perfect moisturiser for dry skin and is constantly saving my skin from the harsh English weather.

Origins Ginzing Eyecream - I only have a small sample of this however this has lasted me a good 4 months bizarrely, and I have since discovered the joys of a good eye cream! It is soft, cooling and makes eye makeup application a dream after use.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - For my extremely dull, extremely parched skin this is perfect; smells delectably apricot-ey and my skin does literally drink this up.

Origins Super Spot Remover - The only spot cream that I will use, because it seems to be the only one that actually works. This takes down redness and aids healing within a few days and is one product I swear by!

Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning Lotion - One last addition to my skincare routine is a self tanner applied every few days and this one is lovely for a very natural glow. Although I find this a little orange on my extremely pale skin if overused, it smells lovely and feels beautiful on the skin.

That's my complete 2012 skincare round-up! What are you holy grail skincare products from the year past?

14 comments :

  1. Brilliant post - I want to try pretty much everything you've mentioned! I'm still on the hunt for holy grail skincare :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely! Me too, i think it will take years to discover the perfect skincare routine! xx

      Delete
  2. i always wanted to try the bio-remover but i havent gotten around to it, cuz its so expensive in the UK (so dirt cheap in france tho!) and the clinique one (and many other removers) i just find to greasy and oily, really gross, so i just remove most of it with face wipes and then in the shower haha lazy!

    Miss drifted Snow White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they could find a way to see it cheap in the UK! I love a bit o' bioderma! Such a shame you found the clinique remover oily, i find it just the right level of oil to get rid of my waterproof mascara, although i do have quite dry skin so that may be why! xx

      Delete
  3. I used to own the Clinique make up remover too but currently I don't and actually I have no trouble getting off the l'Oreal telescopic wp with my bioderma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bioderma just doesn't seem to cut it for me! Do you have any special techniques of removal, id love to be able to get it off with bioderma as the clinique one is pretty expensive!xx

      Delete
  4. I see so many things I use and love! My Cleanse and Polish got bumped off my HG list by Lush's Let the Good Times Roll though. It's so moisturising. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh really? I must check that one out then i have such dry skin! xx

      Delete
  5. I love origins, I have the eye cream and spot remover too. I want to try the mask!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Origins has to be one of my favourite brands at the moment, but they are just so expensive, i want everything! xx

      Delete
  6. Bioderma is one of the best things to come out of 2012 for me :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reaaaally need to splurge on some skincare, starting with that Origins mask haha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is fantastic for dry skin, especially in winter i love it! xx

      Delete