doll eyed

Friday 29 March 2013

Sometimes there comes a point when all I want to do is play with makeup, and forget about the world. When I feel the need, big, excessive and downright scary is the only route to go down in the makeup stakes, and this time I reached for the lashes, and never looked back! The lashes I have on in these pictures were bought on eBay a few years ago (similar pair here), when I was just starting to wear falsies and did not expect the sheer hugeness of them. They are 'can barely keep your eyes open' heavy and have been sitting collecting dust with my other unloved, forgotten products, just waiting to adorn a ridiculous fancy dress costume. Feeling a little creative, I took the scissors and got a little snip-happy, ending up with three mini lashes on each bottom lash line. This creates a rather wide eyed and really quite terrifying look, which to me is reminiscent of dolly eyes! Hence I was inclined to put my hair up in two high ponytails a la 90's style, and proceed to scare the bejesus out of my sister. Why, why, why did this hairstyle ever go out of fashion! My hair has never felt swishier!
Somehow I don't think these lashes will be my first pick on a night out but they are extremely interesting if you're feeling imaginative!
bloglovin' . twitter . tumblr . instagram . pintrerest

17 comments :

  1. I have exactly the same pairs! ordered them off ebay to find they were stupidly big and just hurt my eyes! If anything they put me off false lashes, having not tried any before I jumped to the conclusion they were all the same. What you have done looks really good :)

    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try out some eyelure or ardells, they are a lot lot less scary! ahah xx

      Delete
  2. These lashes are amazing! Love love love the hair too - I say if it feels swishy, you should go for it! (set a new trend ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, this is amazing yet equally terrifying! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Haha, thankyou, i think i look a little demented though! xx

      Delete
  5. I actually love this! I love creative makeup, this is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look BEAUTIFUL! x The lashes suit you so well!
    http://norwegianelephant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, they are so so heavy on the eyes though! Need to do some eye workouts to be able to wear them hahah! xx

      Delete
  7. love your blog is lovely

    iv only had my blog 2 weeks id love if you could check it out ??
    thankyou so much (id follow you but i dont no how haha)

    http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk

    XXX

    ReplyDelete